The Kinsa Smart Ear allows pairing but does not encrypt its connections. Generally whitelisting the Kinsa works better than pairing it.
NOTE: IN GENERAL, IT IS NOT RECOMMENDED TO PAIR THE KINSA
- Press and hold the small white Bluetooth button which is on the left side of the thermometer.
- Next press and hold the large round power button located above the LCD screen.
- Keep holding both buttons down until the screen resets twice. The screen should start flashing, beep, flash again, beep again and then display the Bluetooth icon at the top. You should hear two beeps in total.
- The Kinsa will now be pairable
- Press the large power button to turn on sensor device
- Touch the tip of the sensor to your skin
- Press and hold large power button to take a measurement
- Device measurement should transfer automatically