Health@Home Exchange provides a single point in the cloud where device observations can be collected and remote hubs managed. The remote patient management can enable external configuration of PHG settings, and can allow cloud based users to remotely connect and pair with advertising BTLE devices. Like all of LNI’s products Health@Home is a standards based solution and can be used with any Hub implementing the IHE PCD-01 exchange as profiled by the Continua Guidelines. Health@Home Exchange does not maintain Personal Health Information in a persistent store, but acts as a gateway – translating device observations into different formats, including industry standard HL7 version 3 CDAs.
Health@Home supports a REST API that enables enterprise applications to control, classify, and secure the arriving observations from health sensors. The API also supports remote management and provisioning of Health@Home Hubs.
When used with Health@Home Hubs, Health@Home Exchange provides a management interface that enables remote provisioning and operational management of the Hubs. Authorized remote support technicians can look at counters, check audit logs, Bluetooth pairing status, and update configuration parameters.
To minimize bandwidth consumption and improve remote access, while remaining faithful to the open standards based approach used in LNI systems, the management services in Health@Home Exchange employs the Continua defined Authenticated Persistent Session (APS). Defined in the Continua 2015 Guidelines, the APS provides the ability for devices that have cellular connections to be woken up using a shoulder tap based on SMS messaging, even if they do not have an IP address.
For organizations that do not wish to create integration applications to manage their remote monitoring programs, LNI provides simple web services that provide commonly used administrative services.
Health@Home Exchange is available as a DaaS, or be added to on-premises systems.
Features and Benefits
- Cloud based management for Hubs
- RESTful API for integration with enterprise application
- Translation services that allow messages to be sent to selected locations in a number of different formats. Supported formats include HL7 CDA (as a Personal Health Monitoring Record), HL7 2.6 message, Microsoft HealthVault CCR, as well as many others.
- Web based administrative applications
- Health@Home Exchange is cloud based Service
- Flexible data delivery service
- Single URL where data from all hubs can be obtained
- Secure channel to deliver PHI without exposing patient identify
- Doesn’t store PHI
- Store and forward for unexpected disconnects
- Can deliver in multiple formats (FHIR, IHE PCD-01 (HL7 2.6), HL7 3.0 CCDA)
- Provides a simple RESTful API that supports
- Enterprise application integration
- Multiple service offerings (different Health Programs under one umbrella)
- Routing of Health Data to different organizations/destinations
- Hub Management function for integration into enterprise applicaitons
- Provides a management interface for the Hub
- Access to log, audit trails
- Enables remote provisioning and control
- Cloud based Management Application supporting both PC and device interfaces
- 2nd Tier support